Some days I wish life was just a series of bullets:Â you tick them off, one by one, boom boom boom.Â And done.Â Life should go that fast, that succinctly.Â Plus you don’t have to provide continuity or a story arc with bullets.Â You just write, bulletize, and go.Â Done.Â See?
- I’m in the edit mode for my first column at Literary Mama.Â Real editing done by a real editor.Â This is as close to the Big Time as I have yet come, and it oddly seems almost an anti-climax.Â Printing and signing and sending the contract to Literary Mama, that’s when I felt like my life was changing, that a huge shift was happening, that I was holding my breath and jumping off a high place into the unknown.Â I am so much more than happy to be included among such a gifted group of writers, you have no idea.Â And it will lead to more, more of what I’m still uncertain, but more. I’ll link when I go live.
- I’m glad to be back writing more.Â So many things I was just feeling and not expressing, and they’ve accumulated to the point where they need to go somewhere that isn’t still inside me.
- There’s a new writing thing happening.Â Some of it is super-secret hush-hush, but I can say that I’m the Lead Author (listen to thatâ€”author! Not blogger!) for an upcoming website being built by a top-notch group of people at Crowd Fusion.Â Their first baby, Obsessable, just hatched and it gives you an idea of the quality of what I’m involved with here.Â And the buzz on this is great.Â More to come, but unfortunately it’s still sort of secret for now.
- I’ve joined a gym.Â Apparently it’s sort of a lifestyle thing, and all the women have great asses.Â I can’t stop looking.Â I try not to compare my speed/calories burned/distance covered to my elliptical neighbors, but I can’t help it.Â And why should my skinny body burn fewer calories than your fatter one?Â I don’t get it.Â Oh, and if I don’t forget to keep up with this, I’m going to be doing a whole lot of pushups.
- Matthew bought a refrigerator this weekend and I think he deserves a round of applause.Â Not the sarcastic kind; make it real, people!
- And I’m sort of freaked out by something just now.Â Deep breath.Â Be cool.Â Tiptoe away quietly.
Yo, that’s it, right?