And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We’re captive on the carousel of time
We can’t return we can only look
Behind from where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game
— Joni Mitchell
This is what reading my archives does to me. Inspires me, that’s what.
Thoughts that go through my head:
1. She’s a damn good writer. Why doesn’t she write more? Where’s that fucking book she promised? (oh hey, I did write this one)
2. Seriously, where is the damn book? The other book?
3. Aha! A Category titled Rants. I shall make use of that one.
4. The Way Back Machine goes all the way to here. The beginning.
5. Shit. I didn’t leave my problems back in 2012 or whatever.
Okay, that last one is a bitch. That’s why I’m here today, to reconcile the sad fact that despite the passage of six years I’m still the same [read: gloriously fucked-up, insecure, self-judging, wants-to-be-awesome] person I was in 2008. Read the rest of this entry »